Friday, February 24, 2006

12 play

Over the past couple of weeks, I have been settling in my new office surroundings (our entire office space moved recently). Discovery Communications has revitalized Silver Spring in just over two years and the difference is amazing! Real estate property is so hot for sellers; especially condos and houses… it is unbelievable. Here is the view from my office window in the evening!


Here are some CD’s I’m currently listening to… What have you been listening to lately?

1. Thievery Corporation ~The richest man in babylon
2. Rahsaan Patterson ~ After hours
3. Jamiroquai ~ Travelling without moving
4. Sade ~ Stronger than pride
5. Zero 7 ~ When it falls
6. L.T.J. Bukem ~ Journey inwards
7. DJ Shadow ~ Entroducing…
8. Esthero ~ Wikked lil' grrrls
9. Cassandra Wilson ~ New moon daughter
10. Mos Def ~ Black on both sides
11. Queens of the Stone Age ~ Songs for the deaf
12. Beck ~ Guero

5 comments:

So...Wise...Sista said...

Glad you're back! You're listening to 2 of my favs of all time...New Moon Daughter and Black on Both Sides. Nice! How is Rahsaan Patterson? I love his 1st CD.

Right now I'm mostly rocking Little Brother's "Minstrel Show"...dope hip hop.

Moose said...

thanks wise sista. Cassandra's vocal range is amazing. nothing can touch Rashaan's first album, but his latest come pretty close with some awesome eclectic mellow funk. Little brother is the logical successor to the masteros A Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, and The Roots. i need to cop the Minstrel Show!

So...Wise...Sista said...

Man, The Minstrel Show is crazy. LOVE it. And they're great live. The Roots remain my all-time favs. Saw them and Outkast live at Cornell in '99 and I still cant describe it. Same with Cassandra. Saw her at the Blue Note. You got great taste!

Noella said...

Hi,
Can I just say I've never met or heard of a nigerian guy that likes Beck - Interesting

Moose said...

@ wise one, your taste ain't bad either.
James Baldwin will always be the man!

@dilichi, Beck is of the funkiest white dudes every. plus, there is always a first for everything. what are you listening to?