Thursday, February 09, 2006

A devil in Helsinki

Recently, I was in Finland on a business trip. It was my first time in Scandinavia, and I must say that it was quite an experience. Finns are some of the nicest folks I have ever met. Helsinki is beautiful and yes, I met a devil in Helsinki (as Tricky noted in Christiansands). Stayed in Turku, (the oldest city and the first capital of Finland). Most folks here speak three languages: Finnish, Swedish, and English. Great food, gorgeous buildings and the Archipelago Sea was just incredible. Met with the King and Queen at the Turku Palace.

Here are some scenes from Finland.












6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to travel.
I like the picture with the... I guess cherries. Picture #6 will make a great 1000 piece puzzle.

Chubby Chocolate said...

Beautiful pics!

Looks like you didn't get much business done :-)

So...Wise...Sista said...

Mind if I travel vicariously thru you? :)

Moose said...

@ cc, there is time for everything :)
@ wise sista, aBsolutely!

Smoothvibes said...

gosh.. can we like swap lives!

Dami said...

lola also just got back from scandinavia. was on holiday tho: finland, norway, sweden and iceland. she got great pics too.